If you haven’t heard about the Power of One program, Harlem’s plan for self-sufficiency, here is your chance. This Sunday (May 16th) at Riverside Church and Theater, Hue-Man Bookstore’s Marva Allen – the brainchild behind the program – will unveil to the community at large the concept behind the Power of One.
The event, “Small Steps, Great Leaps,” will be an evening of inspiration that will showcase performances from Power of One friends and supporters. Together with speakers and performers, the Power of One group will introduce the mission and goals of the agent that will enrich and enhance the lives of Harlem’s diverse, multi-cultural residents.
Star Studded List of Speakers and Performers:
· Tamara Tunie (Actress)
· Terrence Jenkins (106 & Park Host on BET)
· George W. Faison (Choreographer “The Wiz” –“Josephine Baker Story”- Fire House Theater, Harlem)
· Sanford Rubenstein, ESQ (famed Civil Rights Attorney)
· Dr. Rani Whitfield (Hip Hop Healthy Coalition)
· The Cast of the Broadway musical “Memphis”
· The Cast of “Three Mo’ Divas”