The late fall offers cooks and cocktail connoisseurs the full bounty of the autumn harvest, and the cocktails below feature fresh apple, pear, and hints of nutmeg and cinnamon. True foodie favorites, these spirits pack a serious flavor explosion, all sure to complement your traditional cranberry sauce, festive turkey, and mouth-watering apple pie.
1 ½ oz. Xanté
1 ½ oz. lemon juice
1 oz. sugar syrup
1 small piece of fresh ginger
Muddle the ginger
Add Xanté, freshly pressed lemon juice and sugar syrup
Shake and sift twice
Serve in a cocktail glass, garnish with fresh ginger
Apple Pear Collins
1 ¼ parts Bombay Sapphire
½ part lemon juice
2 slices pear
1 slice apple
½ part fresh pear nectar
2 bar spoons brown sugar
¼ part spoon of fresh ground cinnamon
Muddle fruit in base of glass, add lemon juice, simple syrup, and Bombay Sapphire.
Stir well with lots of ice
Garnish with lemon wedge and apple slice.
Created by Phil Ward
2 oz. Flor De Caña 7-year Grand Reserve
4 sugar cubes
3 oz. club soda
2 whole cloves
1 pinch of fresh grated nutmeg
1 oz. lemon juice
2 oz. Fuji apple juice
2 dashes of Peychaud bitters
- Dissolve the sugar cubes in 1 oz. of club soda (this generally involves muddling to help process)
- Muddle the cloves with the sugar cubes
- After the sugar cubes and cloves are muddled/dissolved, add the rest of the ingredients one at a time and stir as added
- Add ice once all of the ingredients have been added and stirred
- Stir the punch until it is chilled
Strain the punch into a glass or punch bowl, depending on the size of the portion, top with 2oz. club soda and garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
Created by Adam Schuman, Fatty Crab NYC
1.5 oz. Bombay Sapphire infused with dried pear and apples
½ oz. Lucid absinthe
1 oz. local apple cider
½ oz. pear brandy (adam recommends: Massenez Williams Poire Brandy)
½ oz. fresh lemon juice
2 dashes Fee Brothers Aztec chocolate bitters
Shake all ingredients well. Strain into a highball glass.
Top with gingerbeer. Garnish with Cinnamon stick and lemon peel.
- Bombay Sapphire gin – The world’s best premium gin by value is recognized for its 10 handpicked botanicals which make the gin such a complementary spirit to many foods. A category leader, best known for its signature blue bottle and balanced flavor, Bombay Sapphire’s hints of lemon, pepper, coriander etc., will truly bring out the robust flavors of the jovial Thanksgiving meal. The Apple Pear Collins is a twist on the classic Tom Collins and uses fresh lemon juice for a refreshing burst to awaken the senses as well as brown sugar and cinnamon to satisfy your afternoon sweet tooth.
- Flor de Caña rum – The most awarded rum from Nicaragua is revered by cocktail enthusiasts and world-class mixologists for its smooth texture and delicate taste (largely due to its unique slow aging process.) The best way to enjoy Flor de Cana (other than on the rocks) is in a festive and social punch. A cocktail classic dating back before the 17th century, punch is back once again as the ultimate at-home celebratory drink. The FlordeCopia punch is the perfect way to bring your family together during the holidays, whether that’s muddling sugar cubes, grating nutmeg, or enjoying together bubbles from the club soda tickle your tongue.
- Lucid Absinthe – The first absinthe to be legally available in the U.S., Lucid’s emerald color features flavors of anise, fennel, herbs and genuine grande wormwood. Distilled in France, in an original absinthe distillery, the history and allure of this spirit are back in American bars and homes after nearly 100 years. With a bit of apple cider and peach brandy, this holiday season, The Midnight Owl, uses the familiar flavors of autumn’s best bounty.
- Xanté Liqueur – Xanté is a super premium, pear-infused Cognac liqueur of the highest quality. A perfectly balanced blend of sweet virgin Belgian pears from the garden region north of Liège and Cognacs from specially selected French distilleries. Xanté contains the finest, all natural ingredients and less than half of the sugars contain in typical liqueur. The Xanté Ginger Martini combines the delightful sweetness of fresh pears with the savory zing of ginger, culminating in a drink sure be a Turkey Day favorite!